Looking to spend some time exploring your community and meeting people while giving your family something new to do every day? Luckily, Owasso, OK is full of places that are child friendly and waiting for you.
So, if you’re ready to stretch your legs and get started here are some ideas you can do in Owasso, Oklahoma!
1. Gathering on Main: Starting at the start of every spring, the first Thursday of the month from 6 pm-9 pm, the Owasso Gathering on Main hosts local entertainment and booths for local families. This event goes from April through October. From bouncy houses and face painting for the kids and local artisans for the adults to food trucks and live music you can find a little of something for everybody in one afternoon/evening. https://owassogathering.com/
2. Wheels and Thrills: If your child has the energy to burn or you just want to have some fun, Wheels and Thrills skating rink is open until 1 am on weekends. The rink also includes an arcade, laser tag, and can be booked for events like birthday parties and team-building exercises. https://wheelsandthrills.com/
3. Owasso Museum: Interested in history? Check out our little Museum of Owasso. Located on 76th and Main, this historical building will give you a look into the life of the small settlement before Owasso became this city it is now. Look at photographs taken when the roads were only paved with dirt and see some authentic household items that you wouldn’t find in your home anymore. There you can also learn about Owasso’s brush with fame and how the well-known 1983 movie, The Outsiders, was filmed right here. https://www.cityofowasso.com/283/Historical-Museum
4. Bailey Ranch and Golf Club: Golf is another pastime you can find a lot of our residences enjoy. If your child is interested in the game you will be happy to know that our Owasso Highschool has a golf team and you can find them practicing at the Bailey Ranch Golf Club, who welcomes anyone, pro or not, to play on its beautiful golf course. If you’re interested in giving golf a try, call ahead and learn about the children-play-for-free times that are set in place so you can spend time with the kids and save money. http://www.baileyranchgolf.com/
5. Lanes: If bowling is more your speed, then fear not, Lanes at Coffee Creek is a fan favorite around here. You can always find kids spending their weekends rolling the night away. Stay after 10 pm and the lights go out for glow in the dark bowling! You will also be pleased to hear that the bowling alley hosts a free summer program for kids and if interested, there is also a special-needs bowling team that meets every week. http://www.owassobowling.com/
6. Copper Kiln: Are your kids more of the artistic type? Or maybe you’re interested in making personalized gifts. Either way, the Copper Kiln ceramic studio is open for all ages. Just pick an item within the shop and they supply the stamps, brushes, and paints you can use to decorate your masterpiece. Then once it is baked, they will contact you for pick up and you can bring your creation home. http://thecopperkiln.com/
7. Owasso 12: Another Owasso classic is our AMC theatre on 86th North. The Owasso 12 AMC features 12 screens so you can watch new movies when they come out for cheap prices. Come with a highschool or college i.d and get discounts on your tickets when you visit. https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-theatres/tulsa/amc-classic-owasso-12
8. Parks: Maybe you just need to take the kids out to experience nature and the outdoors. Owasso has a variety of parks that can be visited at any time. Check out Funtastic Island, filled with a variety of playground equipment and room to run, or try Friendship park which has a more relaxing atmosphere and butterfly garden. https://www.owassohomesandlifestyle.com/blog/owassook-parks-and-what-they-offer/
9. Emersumince: If you’re looking into going on a date night or just spend time out with friends, the new Emersumnice Brewery. The brewery is a guaranteed a fun experience once it’s opened, located in the new downtown hub where you can find most of Owasso’s local shops, on 76th and Main. https://emersumnicebrewery.com/
10. Owasso Farmers Market: Finally, check out what our local farmers have to offer between May through September at 8:30 am till 12 pm at the North Owasso Expressway. Get there early to get first pick at fruits, vegetables, eggs, meat and more! All of it is locally sourced from local gardeners and the ranchers who live just outside of town. https://www.facebook.com/owassofarmandartisanmarket/
When you’re living in Owasso you will never experience a dull moment. This little Tulsa County destination is chock-full of things to do and places to see for people of all ages. There are plenty of parks, restaurants, and constant events that celebrate the Oklahoma lifestyle and the people who make it happen. If I can just make one suggestion, look into the All About Owasso Facebook group for constant updates on what is going on. https://www.facebook.com/groups/2933553376687693/