Step 9: Time for Showings!
Fabulous news! We have our first showing request!!
Here are a few things to keep in mind before every showing:
- Have your home look just like it did for the photographs (ie. clean, all dishes put away, floors free of dog hair, etc)
- Put all toilet seat lids down
- Open all curtains/blinds
- Turn on all lights before you leave for a showing
- Hide any valuables such as jewelry, prescription meds, etc or, better yet, take them with you
- Turn off alarm systems (unless you have a code for showings arranged) and lock all doors
- Take pets with you or crate them unless they are friendly and mellow around strangers
The buyer’s Realtor will use the lockbox key to enter/exit if we’re not accompanying them and is supposed to turn off all lights and lock the door when she/he leaves.
Showings usually last 15 – 30 minutes, however, in case clients come early we like to have you out 15 minutes before the showing is scheduled to start and stay out for at least 45 minutes in case the buyer is running late or the showing goes long (that’s a good thing and usually means they like your home!). Therefore, plan to be gone for 45 minutes to 1 hour for each showing.
Place brochures/MLS listing flyers, and property folder out for for showings
After the showing, the buyer’s Realtor will automatically get an email asking for feedback. Generally, only about 30% of Realtors fill it out. You will automatically receive an email when feedback is filled out.
If you have any questions, please let us know! Now let’s get your home sold.